16 July 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in 2 & 3










Week #2 Questions were:
1. Tell us about your dream job… one that you could do regardless of pay.
Funny you ask...i'm at a time in my life right now where i just don't know what I want to be when i grow up. i went to school, earned my degree and loved what i was doing. i've loved staying home with my son, but i would like to work again and I have about 6 things in mind that i would like to give a try but i don't want to get started in school again and decide its not what i want either! It will come to me, i have faith. right now, i am doing what i used to dream of and that's staying home with my child just trying to be the best mom i can be for him.
2. What is your most prized material possession (kids and pets don’t count!)
i would say its still my baby blanket.  it is well loved by far and has been put up so it doesn't continue to fall apart anymore than it already has, but i would be devastated if something happened to it....thats why its kept locked up in the fireproof safe and my husband thinks i'm insane!
3.  What has been your favorite duty station and why?
We're currently on duty station #2 so i don't have a whole lot to choose from but i really enjoyed being at ft. carson.  at the end of the year we are heading to ft. richardson though and we're really looking forward to it.  I think each duty station will have things that will be our favorites because each will be different and any place i can make memories with my family is a good place!
4.  What is your least favorite household chore?
yard work. i really enjoy outside activities and being outdoors but i would rather not be working while i'm out there. plus, my thumb is extremely brown so anytime i spend on flowers or a garden is wasted anyway because i can't seem to then keep it alive.
5.  If you could give one piece of advice to a teenager today (not specifically a MilTeen), what would it be?
i would tell them to slow down! take the time to get a good education, take the time to respect yourself, take the time to find someone you love and who loves you and to start a family. Take the time to invest and make decisions so you don't have to live with regret. slow down and have fun! I spent a lot of time wishing i was an adult although i don't regret it... its a lot more work than i thought it would be and i wish i would have taken more time to be a kid.

Week #3 Questions were:
1. What is your favorite household chore?





I really like doing laundry. i live in a house where i can't even sneak off to go to the bathroom for 2 minutes! So can usually find peace in the laundry room with the door shut and the noise of the washer & dryer drowning out all the other commotion in the house. i like the accomplished feeling of folding everything neatly so its ready for someone to wear again. ironically enough though, I hate sorting socks! when the socks come out of the dryer they usually sit alone in the basket for awhile because i've folded everything else but i hate to pair up the socks when they're all mixed up!
2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
One of my favorite childhood memories is of jumping off the stairs into a pile of pillows. my mom would let me gather every pillow i could find in the house and piled them up at the bottom of our stairs and cover them with a blanket. Then my friends and and i would go up a few of the stairs (and then a few more & a few more...) and jump off into the pillows at the bottom.
3. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I've had quite a few embarrassing moments as i tend to be a klutz and sometimes not pay attention to what I'm doing...but in 6th grade i had just moved from the only place i'd ever known, california to a new place and new school in Illinois.  I had left class to go to the nurses office because I wasn't feeling well and I had to pass the cafeteria where all the 8th graders were standing in line waiting for their lunch. I had already passed the bathroom and couldn't make it back, so i threw up all over the hallway in front of all the 8th graders. now its no biggie but at the time I was mortified!
4. What uniform of your spouse’s is your favorite?
since my husband doesn't have his dress blues yet, i'm going to have to say my favorite uniform of him was the dcu's. he obviously doesn't wear them anymore, but man he looked good in them!  He looks good in his class a's too...but the uniform its self is just so ugly!! the marines by far have the best looking uniforms of all branches!
5. What canceled TV show do you miss the most?
Saved by the Bell and friends.  when i first had my son and I was up at all hours i was so excited when i found saved by the bell on at 6am! and i have every season of friends on dvd...it doesn't matter if i've seen every episode because they're still just as good as the first time i saw them!


{Emily}

No comments:

Post a Comment