04 February 2010

Perfect Pancakes

Our wonderful friends Sarah & Deke gave us some homemade pancake supplies over the holidays.  When we received it, my mind quickly went to a happy place and making ooey gooey sticky sweet memories as a family...and then of course I was quickly brought back to reality by the siren of the firetruck Aiden received from them also! :)



Some mornings I find my self throwing a cereal bar or a handful of cheerios at Aiden and calling it good for breakfast...but my goal the last few months has been to make an actual sit down-eat together-family breakfast at least once a week.  With Adam leaving for work so early in the morning, this usually happens on either Saturday or Sunday most weeks.  These pancake supplies were perfect for this two weekends ago!  Aiden is usually a famished beast when he wakes up but I was pleasantly surprised when he was willing to help and wait patiently this morning for the perfect (pajama made) pancakes!



Mmm Mmm...
Did Aiden choose the maple or blueberry syrup?...


Blueberry of course!! And I think the look says it all...
"Mom this is delicious!"


Needless to say, he shoveled in every last bite...


I'm so thankful for the memories made and I'm grateful that there is still enough left over for another morning! We are looking forward to trying the maple syrup with the next batch!
(Thanks again Sarah & Deke...I will probably be calling for the ingredients for the batter when we run out!)
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment